Event Date: 6 FEBRUARY 2016
Location: THE BARBADOS GOLF CLUB
Crane Members are reminded that the 5th Annual ‘CRANE CLASSIC’ Golf Tournament will be held Saturday 06 Feb 2016 at the Barbados Golf Club (BGC). This fun event is designed to foster friendships between our Crane guests and local Barbadian golfers and caters to all levels of golfers.
The format will be a mix of Stroke-play and Stableford competition with an 8:00 or 8:30 am shotgun start, with play finishing by about 12:30 pm (times are TBC). This will allow sufficient time for score compilation and a return home to freshen up prior to proceeding to The Crane Serenity Spa bar area for pre-dinner drinks at 6:00 pm. An excellent Buffet dinner and Awards ceremony will be held for participants and their guests in ‘The Crane’ Town Hall starting at 7:00 pm.
There are a number of prizes to be awarded in 5 categories:
- Under 12 Handicap golfers will play Stroke Play. For 3 prizes;
- 13 and over Handicap golfers will play Stableford, based on golfers’ handicap. For 3 prizes;
- Women’s open golfers will play open Handicap. For 3 prizes;
- Closest to Hole and Longest drive competitions. (Men’s and Ladies). For 4 prizes.
- Low Gross score. 1 Prize.
Registration forms are available at The Crane Guest Services and also at the Barbados Golf Club Pro Shop. The Crane residents have been allocated 16 slots, so ensure that you register early. You may sign-up as individuals or as a foursome. If you have others you wish to play with, ensure you note their names on your registration form. Please also ensure to include your official Handicap on the sign-up form. For this event, Men’s Maximum will be 24. Note that the final date to register will be Wed 3rd Feb by 4:30 pm. The entry fee is to be paid at the BGC Pro shop (not at Crane Guest services).
The cost to residents/guests from The Crane is:
- BDS $185 for Crane guests. This covers the cost of 18 holes of golf, electric cart, pre-dinner drinks and the excellent buffet supper at the Crane. Golf club rental is BDS $50 if needed.
- BDS $100 for the non-playing dinner guest of competitors to cover the cocktails and dinner, (also payable at the BGC Pro Shop).
Should demand warrant, a shuttle will be arranged to depart the Crane at 7:00 am on the 6th to allow you time to pay (if necessary), load your clubs and be in position for the shotgun start. It will return you to the Crane at about 1:30 pm after the golf. Cost will be advised by Crane Guest Services.
Considering how well attended this event was last year, the excellent condition of the BGC course, and the outstanding meal laid out by the The Crane, be assured it will be a day to remember!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Crane Guest Services